[Samba] samba-tool dbcheck --fix does not fix [Was: 4.5.1 Upgrade Breaks Samba]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Nov 21 14:27:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 08:54 +0000, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 20:12:11 -0500
> > Now on to the dbcheck...  wow, that finds a lot of stuff. :)

Running "samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix --yes"

This does not seem to fix ... I run it a second time and receive the
same number of errors.  Many -

ERROR: unsorted attributeID values in replPropertyMetaData on CN=ms
-TAPI-Ip-Address,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=micore,DC=us
Fix replPropertyMetaData on CN=ms-TAPI-Ip
-Address,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=micore,DC=us by sorting the
attribute list? [YES]
Fixed attribute 'replPropertyMetaData' of 'CN=ms-TAPI-Ip
-Address,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=micore,DC=us'

 - which is there every time.

I find in the archives a refence to fix named
'fix_replmetadata_unsorted_attid'.

BTW - is there an index of specific fixes and when they are
recommended?

> Can I also recommend removing these lines:
>
>         winbind use default domain = Yes
>         winbind nss info = rfc2307
>         wins support = yes
> The first two do nothing on a DC and the last one, well you should be
> using dns instead.

Will do.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383