[Samba] Samba version upgrade!

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Nov 19 19:24:18 UTC 2016

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:42:47 +0200
Metin KoƧ via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I love Samba.. I couldn't find a way to upgrade my AD DC
> "samba-4.4.7" to "samba-4.5.1" Why it is so complicated? I read alot
> and I did alot as well but AD is not working
>

> When I apply https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba AD is not
> working anymore with AD errors and DNS issues :(
>

> Just want to upgrade "samba-4.4.7 to samba-4.5.1" PLEASE HELP ME for
> an easy way to do it

It is fairly simple, you download the Samba tarball and unpack it. you
the 'cd' it the Samba dir created, run './configure', then 'make'. Stop
any running Samba binaries and then run 'make install'. This should
overwrite your existing Samba install, providing you use the same
'./configure' options as you did with your previous install.

You will have to also make sure you have all the required packages
installed to compile Samba, but you should already have these
installed from the previous compile.

Having said all that, you are having problems, but it very hard to say
why you are having problems, you haven't given us enough info.

What OS ?
What error messages are you getting ?
What isn't working ?

Rowland