[Samba] db check fails

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Sat Nov 19 13:03:22 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-18 13:19, Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba wrote:

> On 2016-11-18 13:01, Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> Am 18.11.2016 um 18:41 schrieb Bob of Donelson Trophy via samba:
>
> Louis,
>
> I ran your db check script against my newer DC's and it is failing.
>
> Searched the samba wiki and not finding resolution easily.
> If this is a script that is not provided by Samba, you should ask the
> author directly.
>
> If you are talking about "samba-tool dbcheck", you need to tell us the
> output if you are looking for help. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Marc

This one of Louis Van Belle's scripts.

He is usually watching the list.

Sorry to bother you.

--
_______________________________

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

I have run Louis' script to check the database. The error email has many
"ldapcmp FAILED" entries like this:

Comparing:
'CN=Test 5. User,OU=dtusers,OU=dtobjects,DC=dtshrm,DC=dt'
[ldap://dtdc03.dtshrm.dt]
'CN=Test 5. User,OU=dtusers,OU=dtobjects,DC=dtshrm,DC=dt'
[ldap://dtdc04.dtshrm.dt.]   <<< period (.)
    Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc03.dtshrm.dt:
        CN    <<< CAPS
    Attributes found only in ldap://dtdc04.dtshrm.dt.:   <<< period (.)
        cn    <<< small case
    FAILED

The only difference I can find that happens repeatedly is the period (.)
following the "[ldap://dtdc04.dtshrm.dt.]" and obviously the "CN" and
the "cn" capitalization differences. These differences seem to be common
throughout the error email.

Having never run this script, are these entry differences causing the
failure? Where do I adjust the entries?

Louis???