[Samba] group policy update fails

Mike Lykov combr at samges.ru
Fri Nov 18 17:29:25 UTC 2016

18.11.2016 16:45, L.P.H. van Belle via samba пишет:

 > Ok just to verify.
 >
 > DC name=
 > ad41.dc.samges.ru
 >
 > dnsdomain= dc.samges.ru

yes

 > Kerberos domain ??

/etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
         default_realm = DC.SAMGES.RU
         dns_lookup_realm = false
         dns_lookup_kdc = true

 > Im guessing you kerberos to dnsdomain mapping is wrong.
 > Can you post the
 > /etc/hosts
 > /etc/resolv.conf
 > /etc/krb5.conf

and see thread "DC server own hostname must be part of ad dc domain?"
here from me.

In your script you use dns query like
SETDNSDOMAIN=`hostname -d`
... $(host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.${SETDNSDOMAIN}
but in my case it's not work, because
SETDNSDOMAIN=samges.ru instead of dc.samges.ru
(I patch it with setting SETDNSDOMAIN=dc.samges.ru by hand)

but all seems work (users authorised, gpo propagated)

 > And, can you post this line u used for provisioning?

where I can find it after more than 2 years?

It's like samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive

Maybe we move to that thread (about own hostname) because here it's some
offtopic not about gpo updates.