[Samba] Samba4: use Posix-ACLs only? (ext4 - NFS4+CIFS - Fileserver)

Reinald Gfuellner Reinald.Gfuellner at tum.de
Fri Nov 18 08:30:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Alex. May I know, what Samba-Version you are using?

I already had to make a downgrade from  4.3.9 to 4.1.6  because of known
incompatibilities  (1
<https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=ubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com&q=subject:%22%5C[Bug+1572876%5C]+Re%5C:+After+Samba+upgrade+can%27t+access+unpassworded+windows+share%22&o=newest&f=1>
, 2
<https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&p=1159792#p1159792>)
to the existing samba3/NT4- enviroment.

Exact question would be: Is there a Samba4-Version known do work with
POSIX-ACLS under a Samba3- DC.

 Cheers
  Reinald