[Samba] Schema Change Breaks Replication

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 17 18:35:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 16:04 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams via samba wrote:
> I believe a schema change on a Windows DC (2008rc) has broken
> replication with our S4 DCs.   Anyone have any tips or pointers to
> resolve this?

Sadly this isn't totally unexpected: the exchange schema has quite a
few elements, and while I understand it has worked in the past, it
isn't part of our automatic tests and our schema code certainly needs
work.

> I have three S4 DCs [CentOS6] and one Windows 2008R2 DC.  The Windows
> 2008R2 DC has the schema master FSMO, and I believe the Exchange
> schema
> was added.

Can you clarify exactly what versions of Samba is involved here?

What messages are in the log?

> I am willing to pay US dollars to get this issue resolved.  I need
> the
> replication restored, the Windows 2008DC, and the Samba4 DCs demoted.

Can you clarify a bit further what is your goal?  To keep Samba after
fixing this issue, possibly after a demote and fresh replicate, or just
get it out of the domain long-term?

Commercial support services are listed at:
https://www.samba.org/samba/support/globalsupport.html

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett