[Samba] Samba4: use Posix-ACLs only? (ext4 - NFS4+CIFS - Fileserver)

Reinald Gfuellner Reinald.Gfuellner at tum.de
Thu Nov 17 13:15:36 UTC 2016

I try to set up a Samba4-based Fileserver in an Samba3-DC enviroment.
Filesystem is ext4, CIFS + NFS4 should be provided. The same ACLs should
be used over both protocols.

With Samba 3 this was possible (using POSIX 1003.1e DRAFT 17 ACLs only)
. How can I do the same with Samba 4 ?

    Posix-ACLs set on the server with setfacl are recogniced on a
    windows-client. But every change I do on a windows-client is not
    visible on the posix-side (i.e. not reflected on the fileserver or
    on a NFS4-client using getfacl or nfs4_getfacl)

Do I make some trivial mistake, is it just the samba4 version used or is
it in general not longer possible/supported to restrict Samba to
Posix-ACLs understood in an ext4-enviroment? Thanks for any hint.

OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS ,
Samba: samba 2:4.1.6+dfsg-1ubuntu2
<https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&p=1159792#p1159792>

/etc/fstab:

/dev/m1404-filea-vg1/dist_it_test2                      /dist/it_test2                           ext3     acl,usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv0        0       0

/etc/samba/smb.conf:

   # vfs objects = acl_xattr
   map acl inherit = yes
   store dos attributes = yes