[Samba] STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER for printer trying to connect to smb share

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 15 13:39:49 UTC 2016

Hai John,

Can you try the folling for you printer.
I had a same problem here.

It worked by useing the follwing to connect to my share.

You tried :  PCEDOM\printers
Now try  : .\printers

And have you tried PCEDOM\Administrator
And try .\Administrator also.

And last, the server your scanning to, if above does not work.
Add  "ntlm auth = yes"  to the smb.conf

( optional : raw NTLMv2 auth = yes )
Try ones at a time.

This should work, im having TA5002 and TA3511 and M3540.
all connected to my samba share.  ( as .\Administrator )
The ACL on the folders makes sure for the correct rights for the users.

Last, asumming you already checked, if you printer has the latest firmware.

Best regards,

Louis