[Samba] Member server losing smb connection

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 14 15:47:03 UTC 2016

Ah, ok.

Fist configure the standalone like this :

    preferred master = no
    domain master = no

configure ONE and only one!!  AD member like this.
Preferred a member of the AD domain, i did choose my user profile server.

    preferred master = yes
    domain master = yes
    dns proxy = yes

and remove the wins server lines.
Reboot that member and check again.

Best it not to use :
\\hostname\share
And also not
\\IP_NUMBER\share

But
\\FQ.DN\share

And please setup the TLS for your servers.
It really really helps a lot.

Make sure your dns resolving is correct and read the man smb.conf for the dns proxy paramter.

That should help out for you.

Greetz,

Louis