[Samba] which NIC is samba4 AD using ?

Felipe_G0NZÁLEZ_SANTIAG0 fgonzalez at uci.cu
Mon Nov 14 13:47:58 UTC 2016

1. I need to know by using a command -if possible- or antoher way, which NIC is samba AD using? Apart of looking for the 'interfaces' option in the smb.conf. So, Exists other way to know that? Because if I coding this method expecting for the smb.conf, I could have problems if smb.conf has been deleted.

2. If during provisioning a DC I don't specify the network interface Samba select one randomly. In case of my server have just one NIC: is there any difference between specifing the NIC or not?

Rgrds,
Ing. Felipe_ González_Santiago
Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas
Centro de Software Libre

The University of Informatics Sciences invites you to participate in the Scientific Conference UCIENCIA 2016, November 24-26.
Conferencia Científica UCIENCIA 2016, del 24 al 26 de noviembre.
http://uciencia.eventos.uci.cu/