[Samba] Block samba hosts by domain

Erick Ocrospoma zipper1790 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 20:11:26 UTC 2016

On 10 November 2016 at 07:51, Vinicius Bones Silva via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> PROBABLY its a problem with your reverse dns resolution.
>
> From the samba server, if you do a host 172.25.0.12 (change as
> appropriate) does it resolve to a hostname in the .example.com domain? If
> it don't, samba wont know that it's uspposed to block the access.

​Hi,

DNS resolution seems to work fine.​

​[root at server0 ~]# nslookup desktop.example.com
Server:         172.25.0.254
Address:        172.25.0.254#53

Name:   desktop.example.com
Address: 172.25.0.100

[root at server0 ~]# nslookup 172.25.0.100
Server:         172.25.0.254
Address:        172.25.0.254#53

100.0.25.172.in-addr.arpa        name = desktop.example.com.

​Error showed in /var/log/messages while trying to mount share

Nov 10 15:05:34 server0 smbd[3026]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting
up and ready to serve connectionsDenied connection from 172.25.0.100 (172.
25.0.100)
Nov 10 15:06:04 server0 smbd[3028]: STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting
up and ready to serve connectionsDenied connection from 172.25.0.100
(172.25.0.100)

I also tried by editting /etc/hosts, but same result.

Erick.