[Samba] change SOA record

Rauer, Frank rauer at optovision.de
Thu Nov 10 14:55:03 UTC 2016

Hi Rowland,

I followed this page
"https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Verifying_and_Creating_a_DC_DNS_Record"
more than once.
Everything in here is fine...every test successful.

My problem is that the existing SAO record is pointing to
dc1.samdom.example.com which doesn´t exist anymore.
Now it must be dc01.samdom.example.com.

What happens when I try to add ...
samba-tool dns add 127.0.0.1 _msdcs.samdom.example.com @ NS
dc01.samdom.example.com ... ?
will it break something because we still have an entry..even it´s a
wrong one ?

Frank