[Samba] Win10 pro w/ outlook in Samba 3.6.25 domain

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Nov 8 14:36:14 UTC 2016

Am 2016-11-08 um 09:30 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> I have the issue that a PC running Win10pro in a Samba 3.6.25 (NT4)
> domain is not able to successfully connect to an Office365 account.
>
> With a local user the same account works, with the domain user: no

I know, 3.6.25 is out of support.

So I have to upgrade, I assume it is best to at first upgrade to 4.2.11
(current stable release in gentoo portage) with the existing setup (=NT4
domain) and only after testing consider doing the step to an ADS domain.

If I backup /var/lib/samba before the upgrade I should be able to roll
back things in case, right?