[Samba] samba with customized ldap backend (fwd)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 8 11:11:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 15:53:56 +0530 (IST)
Arun Gupta <arung at cdac.in> wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>
> I have also tried with nslcd and didn't succeeded.
>
> kindly advice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arun

> If you are using sssd then Samba ISN'T doing the authentication, SSSD
> is.
>
> Rowland

nslcd isn't Samba's either.

Samba recommends using winbind and as such, supports any problems with
its use.

So, as you are looking for advice, then here it is, try using winbind.

I also don't remember you posting your smb.conf, so, if after trying
winbind you still have problems, post your smb.conf

Rowland