[Samba] Logins differ for ip/DNS on ad dc

Maximilian Kirchner max.kirchner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 16:56:00 UTC 2016

> You are using Bind9 with flatfiles, this is NOT recommended.
> If you are using the standard Ubuntu Bind9 package, you should be using
> BIND9_DLZ and this stores the dns info in AD.

> How did you provision the DC, was it with 'BIND9_FLATFILE' or
> 'BIND9_DLZ' ?
> If it was the later, just remove the 'wie' zone and its reverse zone
> from the bind conf file and restart bind9, if it was the former, you
> will need to run 'samba_upgradedns' and remove the zones from the conf
> file.

So the BIND9_DLZ method only works if I am also using purely DLZ in bind9?
I set up the server with
samba-tool domain provision --realm=smb.wie --domain=SMB
--adminpass=Passw0rd --use-rfc2307 --server-role=dc --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ

I did as you said, the situation did not change but for the fact, that my
other dns entries are not working anymore (as I expected from removing the
wie zone). What I did:
- comment out include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";
- service bind9 restart
- samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ (for good measure)
- restart samba server
The logs do not show any new errors