[Samba] Logins differ for ip/DNS on ad dc

Maximilian Kirchner max.kirchner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 14:05:39 UTC 2016

> This sounds like a dns problem, are your windows machines using the DC
> as their nameserver ?

yes they are using the server as dns. DNS is done through bind9 and
implemented in samba via bind9_dlz. All looks fine:
$ host -t A smb.wie
smb.wie has address 192.168.1.50
$ host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.smb.wie
_kerberos._udp.smb.wie has SRV record 0 100 88 srv.smb.wie.
$ host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.smb.wie
_ldap._tcp.smb.wie has SRV record 0 100 389 srv.smb.wie.

And thanks for your explanation on rid / ad but it seems to me like it is
not relevant here - I am using only one server for everything (I know it is
not advised to do so).