[Samba] smbclient and Kerberos

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Nov 4 22:03:52 UTC 2016

On Fri, 04 Nov 2016 17:56:09 -0400
Kevr <kevr at protonmail.com> wrote:

> My /etc/nsswitch.conf contains:
>
> hosts: files dns
>
> if thats what you mean? All my hosts in my test lab are clean
> installs of Ubuntu with very little else touched other than the stuff
> needed for testing kerberos and samba.

No, try running this on your linux clients and DCs:

ps ax | grep [a]vahi

If you get any output, then avahi is running and could be getting in
the way, if it is running, try stopping it.

If you are using Network Manager, then this uses dnsmasq, open its conf
file, find the dnsmasq line and comment it out.

Check that the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf is the DCs ipaddress.

Rowland