[Samba] smbclient and Kerberos

Data Control Systems - Mike Elkevizth mike at datacontrolsystems.com
Fri Nov 4 21:11:24 UTC 2016

The defaults for dns_lookup_realm and dns_lookup_kdc should be false and
true respectively, but the samba team recommends using them explicitly, so
that's what I do.  My /etc/krb5.conf file doesn't include any of the stock
lines included with the package from Ubuntu (which I believe is based on
the MIT version of kerberos).  My file includes the four lines in the
file causes the problem you're seeing.?

Mike E.