[Samba] Problems with GPO

Miguel Medalha medalist at sapo.pt
Thu Nov 3 17:46:41 UTC 2016

A Microsoft security update for Group Policy changed the behavior of clients in regards to GPOs:

MS16-072: Security update for Group Policy: June 14, 2016
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3159398

The following page explains the issues and the corrective measures.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3163622

In sum:

    Add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions to the Group Policy Object (GPO).
    Also add the Domain Computers group with read permission.

Did you take this into account?

This did bit me some months ago. All of a sudden, the GPOs were not being applied. When I made the above changes, they immediately started working again.