[Samba] Consistent IDs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 2 17:34:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-02 at 14:19 +0100, Micha Ballmann via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to make sure that the IDs on each domain member are the same.
> I found this link: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_ad.
>
> Now I have to test over ADUC the NIS domain for one user manual
> activated. But how can I make this change for all users? Is there a
> samba-tool command to update all users and set automatically the UID
> like ADUC?

Not currently.  This is controversial with some and frustrating, but we
are careful not to provide a script-able tool that could lead to
conflicts.  Unlike with RIDs, there is not currently a distributed,
non-conflicting way to allocate UIDs in AD.

(I would like to implement one, based on the algorithms used by sssd,
but I haven't had the time to do it).

Sorry,

Andrew Bartlett