[Samba] Samba and BTRFS server-side copy

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 02:03:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 09:55:20 -0700, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
wrote :

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 08:18:19AM +0200, Saint Germain via samba
> wrote:
> > Nautilus/gvfs cannot connect (it doesn't even see the share).
> >
> > I also tried starting a discussion on the topic yesterday:
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gvfs-list/2016-October/msg00000.html
> >
> > It seems that Ross Lagerwall started working on the topic a while
> > ago, but I don't know when/how the code will be included.
> >
> > Thanks for your help !
>
> Can you get a debug level 10 log when you try to connect
> using smb2+ and gvfs ? That should just work.

Sorry I was away for a while.
I activated syslog=10 in smb.conf and the following parameters:
min protocol = SMB2
max protocol = SMB3
client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3

I then tried to connect with:
smbclient //192.168.1.200/share -U user

In the log /var/log/samba/log.192.168.1.31 I can only see:
No protocol supported !

My configuration:
 - client: Debian Stable + smbclient 4.4.6 (coming from Testing) +
   kernel 4.7 (amd64)
 - server: Debian Stable + samba 4.2.10 + kernel 4.7 (amd64)