[Samba] Problem joining Samba 4 to Samba 3 PDC

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:03:29 UTC 2016

My guess is that the samba 3.6.x machine  is not patched for BADLOCK
vulnerabilities and the  4.5.x machine is.          Since Samba 3.6.x is
no longer being updated, you have to apply the patch to you existing
install  (depending on the OS.)    It may be easier to just upgrade to
samba 4.x.   With Samba 4.x " the latest updates will have the patch
included.

http://badlock.org/

For Solaris 11 users, Oracle does provide an  OS patch that can be
installed to patch  Samba 3.x.