[Samba] Samba on AIX - Active directory

Craig Green cgreen at ultradata.com.au
Tue May 31 23:20:06 UTC 2016

On the IBM web site they have version 4.3.8.
I have not tested this IBM package as yet.

Another site that has compiled versions of samba is
http://www.bullfreeware.com/

I do not know if the packages on this site have been compiled with AD support or as AD-DC's.
You can use smbd -b to find out what configure options samba was built with.

I used to do my own compilation/builds of samba but I have not been able to successfully build a version since 4.0.6.
If anyone knows the tricks required to be able to build the recent samba 4 versions on AIX 7.1 please let me know.

Regards,
Craig Green
Technical Services
Ultradata - Vision to Reality