[Samba] deleted objects conteners and keep a samba in good working order

Sam sr42354 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:36:01 UTC 2016

Hello,

Can I delete the values stored in the differents "deleted object"
conteners? (by using the "active directory explorer" software for example )

In my case it's about 3000 objets.... ( old computers, old groups, old
users...)

I lauched this command to count it:

ldbsearch --cross-ncs --show-deleted -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb |
grep "\0ADEL"

the database comes from an old windows 2000 AD, and I can see that no
cleanning were never made.

( it does not surprise me because an automatic cleaning exist only since
windows 2008R2 )

Also, are there any good practice to do regularly to keep a samba in
good working order.

Thanks a lot!

Sam