[Samba] Problems with OS X 10.11.5

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue May 31 12:08:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am 26.05.16 um 16:53 schrieb Seth Goldin:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to check in on this list and see what folks know about the
> new severe performance problems with OS X 10.11.5.
>
> There's a comment on Reddit claiming that 10.11.5 is requiring SMB signing,
> but I haven't found documentation on that.
>
> I myself saw performance on my 10 GbE go from 800 MB/s on 10.11.4 to 60
> MB/s on 10.11.5. My NAS is running Samba 4.3.6 on FreeNAS, which is a
> FreeBSD derivative.
>
> I'd love the reassurance that whoever can fix this is doing so--either the
> Apple developers or the Samba developers.
>
> Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

from the apple discussions:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/30259381#30259381

Apple changed some defaults and suggested to check if there is some
update from any NAS etc vendor to solve that problem at the other side
... , as Apple added the change to protect against the Badlock-Exploits ...

To add back the old defaults:

sudo -s
echo "[default]" > /etc/nsmb.conf
echo signing_required=no >> /etc/nsmb.conf

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/OS-X-10-11-5-Abhilfe-fuer-SMB-Probleme-3222725.html

HTH . Götz