[Samba] Fwd: cifs migration from samba3+ldap to samba 4 AD

Trenta sis trenta.sis at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:12:23 UTC 2016

Hi

I have a samba 3 ldap domain working perfect, and nowwe are evaluating to
migratw to samba 4 AD. I have read samba wiki and seems clear but we are
not sure how tomigrate cifs resources, we use cifs resources in some
windows server  and alsp some cifs wirh linux server and setfscl
permissions, and the most important, a netappcifs with dataontap 8.1.4 7
mode that was attached as  nt mode.
It is required any step to migrate data permission or structure to AD, for
example cifs that are in windwos server, cifs on netapp,...
My question is what are the correct steps to migrate data and cifs
resources to new samba domain if any steps is required for cifs data
migration?

Thanks