[Samba] [samba_upgradedns] Error parsing DNS data

Bouke J. Henstra bouke at ict-diensten.com
Mon May 23 18:45:16 UTC 2016

Hello Rowland,

[Quote Bouke Henstra]
I am trying to change over from bind9 to internal dns.
For some reason I keep getting the following error:
Error parsing DNS data from '/opt/samba/private/dns/TH01.INET.zone' ()
[..]

[Quote Rowland Penny
Are you using flat files with Samba and Bind ??
If so, what you are trying to do, will not work.
Rowland
[..]

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using flat files and bind.

I am not sure how to proceed. I could not (yet) find documentation
that applies to my situation.
I think I have read something before about moving away from flat files
but I can't find info online nor in my notes.

I have found the following information but it seems not to be
applicable to my situation:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_DNS_backend

And I have spent quite some time online but could not figure out if I
have to manually upgrade (and how) or that I can run a script.

Could you please point me into the right direction?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Bouke

--

This message (and any associated files) may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized