[Samba] Invalid data for index DN=@INDEX:OBJECTCLASS:DNSNODE

ash-samba at comtek.co.uk ash-samba at comtek.co.uk
Mon May 16 16:42:36 UTC 2016

On 16/05/16 16:41, ash-samba at comtek.co.uk wrote:

>>> Andrew Bartlett
>> I haven't actually got ldbdump on the machine, and I can't see it in
>> the Debian packages. That said, I do appear to be able to add DNS
>> records now, so I'm assuming it was the index. If you particularly
>> want me to find out then I'll try to get a dump, but as long as its
>> working I'm happy to leave it be!
>>
>> Ash

Okay, I've managed to compile ldbdump, and doing  ./ldbdump
/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC%3DDOMAINDNSZONES,DC%3DCHESTER-DC,DC%3DEXAMPLE,DC%3DCOM.ldb
now only shows CN=Deleted Objects for the PC record which we considered
suspect. Each entry does have an ntSecurityDescriptor, but the original
object doesn't seem to be listed.

I believe that DNS is fine now, but the inability to add user records or
join machines to the domain is a bigger problem!

Ash