[Samba] Invalid data for index DN=@INDEX:OBJECTCLASS:DNSNODE

ash-samba at comtek.co.uk ash-samba at comtek.co.uk
Mon May 16 15:15:57 UTC 2016

> This certainly sounds stressful.
Yes!
> Another way to (on a backup, particularly given your history above) remove the index is with samba-tool dbcheck --reindex.
Re-indexing...
completed re-index OK

0 root at empire:~[0] samba-tool  dns add empire chester-dc.example.com
p-cats A 10.4.4.142  -U ash
Password for [CHESTER-DC\ash]:
Record added successfully

Thanks!

> The missing ntSecurityDescriptor is a curious issue.  Can you check if
> it or the whole record is really missing?  I'm guessing it is another
> index issue, stopping us finding the record rather than the record not
> being there.  Look over an ldbdump of the backend DB in sam.ldb.d/ if
> you have to, to confirm that.
> Andrew Bartlett
I haven't actually got ldbdump on the machine, and I can't see it in the
Debian packages. That said, I do appear to be able to add DNS records
now, so I'm assuming it was the index. If you particularly want me to
find out then I'll try to get a dump, but as long as its working I'm
happy to leave it be!

Ash