[Samba] Fwd: Not able to join windows 10 clients to samba 3.6.23 NT4 Style PDC

Ram Prasad Bikkina parvathiprasadb at gmail.com
Sat May 14 04:10:42 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ram Prasad Bikkina <parvathiprasadb at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, May 14, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Samba] Not able to join windows 10 clients to samba 3.6.23
NT4 Style PDC
To: gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com

Hi Gaiseric Vandal,

I applied these registry settings in my windows 10 PC but not able to join.
It is getting below error.

 Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If
you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator
that you received this information, which has been recorded in the
file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

 The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service
location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory
Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "samba.local":

 The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
 (error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

 The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.samba.local

 Common causes of this error include the following:>

 - The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are
not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server
automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by
the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS
servers with the following IP addresses:

 192.168.1.2

 - One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its
child zone:

 samba.local
 local
 . (the root zone)