[Samba] winbindd becomes unresponsive on member server

Brian De Wolf bldewolf at cpp.edu
Tue May 10 00:51:23 UTC 2016

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 18:33:05 -0700
Brian De Wolf <bldewolf at cpp.edu> wrote:

> I've been working on converting our OmniOS home directory member
> servers from Samba 3.6.25 to 4.3.8.  For the first few hours after
> startup, everything is accessible and works as expected.  Eventually,
> winbindd stops responding and smbd starts logging this error:
>
>   domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available.

In case anyone finds my post and wonders what happened, I tested
previous versions of samba (4.3.3 and 4.2.11) and was not able to
reproduce the issue.  While I was deciding what to do, 4.3.9 was
released and apparently fixed the bug I was running into.  We're now
moving forward with deploying 4.3.9.