[Samba] My domain member file server can't connect to domain controllers

Denis Morejon denis.morejon at etecsa.cu
Thu May 5 13:30:16 UTC 2016

My friends:

My samba file server have been working well for a year up to yesterday,
when It stopped suddently. It was on a debian vz container  (Proxmox
3.4). The first problem was a root user with quota  exceeded and I
couldn't get domain users using "wbinfo -u". I got out quota
restrictions from the container but I can't still use wbinfo. Then, when
I try to use "net ads join -U administrator" to join to the domain It
response:

root at samba1:/# net ads join -U administrator
root at samba1:/# Host is not configured as a member server.
Invalid configuration.  Exiting....
Failed to join domain: This operation is only allowed for the PDC of the
domain.

And I usually do that when some time the file server loses the join.
Besides, I can do that from other samba file server. So, the problem
seems to be out of domain controller.

I really don't know what to do!

Any idea?