[Samba] Windows 10 compatibility?

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed May 4 16:17:00 UTC 2016

Hallo, Harkins,,

Du meintest am 04.05.16:

>  So any Samba server version will work with Windows 10?  What
> versions have been tested with Windows 10?  We have a server at a
> site in Israel running 3.5.14, and Windows 10 systems are not able to
> access it.  They get an error message when trying to connect to a
> share: "The specified network name is no longer available."

Your clients may need some special registry entries, and the server
should use

        max protocol = NT1

(which is the default).

Did/do the clients work with Windows 7 or Windows 8? These versions need
more registry entries than Windows XP, and Windows 10 needs again some
more entries.

Windows 10 clients can work together with Samba 3.6.x, actually I have
no older Samba version.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut