[Samba] Windows 10 compatibility?

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:46:12 UTC 2016

I am running Solaris 11 (x84_64) with Samba Version 3.6.25 as primary
domain controller, 2ndary domain controller and member  file servers.
This is a "classic" domain not Active Directory.    Windows 10 works
fine, with the same registry changes (sign/seal?) as required for Windows 7.

I have various linux member servers, include Fedora Core 23 with samba
4.3.4.       but I have not checked with Windows 10 actually connects to
the those file servers.   Windows 7 machines connected ok.

I have noticed with Windows 2008 and Windows 7 that SMB 2 does NOT play
nice.    You can connect to a share but then if you try to connect
additional shares from the same server it might not work.       I think
this is somehow tied to the fact that I have a classic domain although
why this is the case I don't know. this was an issue with both my
solaris servers and a Synology NAS .