[Samba] Migration to vfs_fruit with existing AppleDouble files?

Scott Call scott.call at gmail.com
Tue May 3 20:47:06 UTC 2016

Okay so that's egg on my face, I was testing as a read only user on my test
server and since vfs_fruit only has the same access as the user running
samba, it wasn't able to copy the finderinfo from the old ._ file into a
file extattr.

Once I ran it in read/write it adapted the file as expected.

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks again for all of your help.