[Samba] [Solved] Samba 4 sudoers

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Mon May 2 12:11:02 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2 May 2016, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-05-02 at 07:44 +1000, John Gardeniers wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> Please elaborate, as we're about to put it on Samba 4.2. Thanks.
>
> Please don't use 4.2 with the sudo schema.  At a client, we have seen
> that cause database corruption when combined with multiple DCs,
> specifically duplicate values in the database that sssd really didn't
> like.  It will also require you to run dbcheck from Samba 4.3 or later
> before you can replicate with a Samba 4.3 DC.

Is this specific to 4.2?  I am currently on 4.1 but planning to upgrade to
4.2 in the near future since 4.1 is no longer supported by anyone.  I had
previously installed the sudo schema on 4.1, but I was never able to get
it to work.  Maybe I should remove it before upgrading?

BTW, I have seen occasional issues with replication of deleted entries
that required me to manually go and delete them on the non-master DCs.
Is this possibly related?