[Samba] fstab options in ubuntu16.04

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun May 1 08:04:49 UTC 2016

Am 01.05.2016 um 04:55 schrieb Felipe_G0NZÁLEZ_SANTIAG0:
> Hello, I've been trying to write out the options: "defaults,barrier=1" in the /etc/fstab file on ubuntu16.04 BUT always obtain a read-only file system. So, what's new with Ubuntu Xenial Xerus? Do you keep the same fstab options? Help!

besides that is *for sure* NOT a samba question and
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise and
"barrier=1" is pure nonsense because it is default

i guess you have a BTRFS as filesystem - so what about "df -hT" and read
manuals *before* random changes - there is a "nobarrier" and so as said
above: what are you doing here by specify default options for no benefit

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Mount_options