[Samba] Browing in Samba4 AD domain

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 04:15:48 UTC 2016

Hello guys:

Some weeks ago I've implemented a couple of Samba4 servers. One of them
running Zentyal 4.2 Development version and the other one on a Samba built
from source on CentOS 7. Both are running Samba 4.3.4.

There are 35 machines joined to my domain and users are complaining that
they can't see all the machines in the network through the browsing feature
from Windows. Sometimes only a few machines appear, then a few more appear
and later dissapear some others, it seems a little erratic.

I wonder if this behavior is due to what the link shown below says:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#Why_is_Network_Neighbourhood_empty_or_does_not_show_all_machines_in_an_Samba_AD_environment.3F

If true, is there a way to "fix" this problem so we can see ALL the
computers joined to the domain while they're online in the MS network?

Thanks in advance.