[Samba] Windows 10

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 31 17:05:02 UTC 2016

On 31/03/16 17:57, John Drescher wrote:
>> Is this a classic NT4-style domain ? if so, I think it is microsofts subtle
>> way of telling you to upgrade your PDC :-)
> I have seen that during my brief testing. I am in the tough situation
> of never ever being able to use AD. Well specifically I can not have
> DNS servers because of a company policy. My linux servers exist on a
> private network with no connection to the internet or the company. All
> clients are multi-homed. As a result I am not sure I will roll out
> Win10 at all. I am worried that a future release will totally
> eliminate NT4 domains.
>
> John

Sounds like a strange policy, but do you mean you cannot have a dns
server that connects to the internet or just you cannot have a dns server ?

If the former, you should be aware that you do not have to connect an AD
domain to the internet, you just need the dns server to find the other
domain machines and the DCs, or in other words, don't forward anything
outside the domain.

Rowland