[Samba] Unable to join DC to domain

IT Admin it at cliffbells.com
Mon Mar 28 17:46:14 UTC 2016

Hi Rowland,

I had run those queries during troubleshooting last night as well,
apologies if I get ahead of myself, here are all of my missing roles, they
only have dn entries, the second line containing fsmoowner is blank:

itwerks at cbadc01:~$ sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch -H
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b 'CN=System,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com'
-s sub '(&(objectclass=rIDManager)(cn=RID Manager$))' fSMORoleOwner
# record 1
dn: CN=RID Manager$,CN=System,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals

itwerks at cbadc01:~$ !284
sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com" -s base
fsmoroleowner
# record 1
dn: CN=Infrastructure,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals

itwerks at cbadc01:~$
!285
sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"CN=Infrastructure,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com" -s base
fsmoroleowner
# record 1
dn: CN=Infrastructure,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals

itwerks at cbadc01:~$
!286
sudo /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch --cross-ncs -H
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"CN=Infrastructure,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com" -s base fsmoroleowner
# record 1
dn: CN=Infrastructure,DC=cb,DC=cliffbells,DC=com

# returned 1 records
# 1 entries
# 0 referrals
itwerks at cbadc01:~$