[Samba] Problem joining an AD

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Mar 26 16:43:27 UTC 2016

On 26/03/16 16:11, barış tombul wrote:
> I chose them both during the installation phase. How affected ...
>    samba-tool domain provision --server-role=dc
> --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ --use-rfc2307  --use-xattrs=yes  --use-ntvfs

Not sure, this is because I have never done a provision this way. I
think that all that will have happened is:

You will have this line in smb.conf:
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

Your AD will have been extended with the RFC2307 attributes

You will have these lines (or something similar) in smb.conf

     server services = +smb -s3fs
     dcerpc endpoint servers = +winreg, +srvsvc

You will be using ntvfs instead of s3fs

Rowland