[Samba] Problem joining an AD

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat Mar 26 12:13:01 UTC 2016

Hi list!

I have a very strange problem...

I configured Samba 4.1.6 on a Ubuntu 14.04 Server to act as AD-Controller.
It works without any problem.

Then I wanted to join the AD two other Servers with Ubuntu 14.04 and Samba
4.1.6.
The first works without any problem, the second (same configuration!) not...

Here my smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = CCH
        realm = CCH.INTRA
        netbios name = MAIN
        server role = MEMBER SERVER
        server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, smb
        dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6, backupkey, winreg, srvsvc

        template shell = /bin/bash
        template homedir = /home/%ACCOUNTNAME%

[transfer]
        comment = Public Stuff
        path = /home/transfer
        public = yes
        writable = yes
        browseable = yes

I configured NSS and PAM to authenticate agains Samba and it works!
But if I try to connect to samba using smbclient I always get:

	session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Could someone suggest me what can I do to resolve the problem?

Thanks a lot!
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)