[Samba] Backup Script AD DC Modification Suggestion

lingpanda101 at gmail.com lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:53:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

     I could never get Ubuntu to use the correct $PATH for the backup
script cron job.  I would continue to get errors such as

CRON[1350]: (root) CMD (/usr/sbin/samba_backup >> /var/log/syslog)
Error while backing up ./private/privilege.ldb - status 127

I gave up after trying "/etc/environment, ~/.bashrc"  etc. My solution
was to add the path to the script itself, at the very beginning.

PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:/usr/local/samba/bin"

Seeing as I use the default install locations. Maybe this could be added
to the wiki?
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Backup_and_restore_an_Samba_AD_DC

--
-James