[Samba] Error in Second Samba Domain Controller

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:26:08 UTC 2016

Very short reply as I have to leave the office in few minutes...

I remember have read something about issues when using OpenVPN. For now I
don't remind what were these issues.

About log in issue: do you use AD Sites? As far as I understood this is THE
way to get failover. You create a site, you attribute a network (CIDR form)
to that site and then client would try to connect on one DC in the site
they belong. If no DC is available in the AD Site, the client will re-do
the DC search without including site in DNS request. This means the client
will try to find an available DC among all DC of your domain.

Could be also DNS issue I think but not enough information to tell for now.