[Samba] change local & domain sids and implications

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 16:45:49 UTC 2016

hi everybody

I'm thinking I'll grab whole lot of my ldap backend and
change SID - what will this cause to workstation/machine
members?
I'm guessing users account should be fine and people would
be able to log in but machine would probably have to rejoin
(if I can call it that, because domain name is different).

You probably already see what I'm hoping I can do - I hope I
can keep as much as possible and move, migrate to another
domain.
Interdomain trust does not help here, it does not actually
migrate/sync users/machines between two domains, right?

How do you do migrate to another domain(samba+ldap)?

regards.
L.