[Samba] Permission denied on GPT.ini (Event ID 1058)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Mar 21 14:53:36 UTC 2016

Hai,

Today i had a "about" same problem.

Check the following.

1) Get the Policy id  ( like ":  {78732DBF-5381-497B-9B25-00A278270A1F} from
 PATH_TO_SYSVOL_FOLDER/Policies/
2) run getfacl on the folder like :
 getfacl \{78751DBF-5381-497B-9B25-00A278270A1F\}/

here  in my case i noticed the following.
I had a user set on one specific policie, i changed that users to a newly created group.

After looking with getfacl i noticed, that the user was still on GPT.INI
and not the group.
Reculting in the Permission denied on GPT.ini.

For now i fixed it by getting setting the inheritance of the folder to the files again.

Resume what i think and others must test also.

When creating the policy for the first time it sets the correct U+G rights.
After changing this, not.

Other quick fix is, add the computer($) to the group.

I hope people know what i mean, if not, ask me.

Greetz,

Louis