[Samba] missing DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Mar 19 04:21:59 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-03-18 at 18:46 -0700, r moulton wrote:
> We didn't encounter any problems adding the new DC, albeit with
> '--dns-backend=NONE' specified, and replication is working fine,
> evidently. Are you saying that we might be able to use
> samba_dnsupdate
> to patch things up somehow?

No, not unless your DNS server accepts GSS-TSIG updates, or you arrange
the 'nsupdate command' not to require them (eg provide a key file and
the right options).  Just be aware that while we originally intended
flexibility in this area, any you continue to find remain there
entirely by accident.  (We already have too many choices on DNS, we
need less not more).

Andrew Bartlett