[Samba] static vs shared modules build

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 16 16:50:41 UTC 2016

Am 16.03.2016 um 17:43 schrieb Miguel Medalha:
> I just tested it. It works until you put some other vfs module in some
> share. Then it ceases to work, you have to declare it for all shares.
>
> This works:
>
> [global]
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
>
> [share]
> /some/path
>
> This does not work:
> [global]
> vfs objects = acl_xattr
>
> [share]
> /some/path
> vfs objects = recycle
>
> acl_xattr ceases to work for the share. The only way to make it work is to
> declare it for all shares:
>
> [share]
> /some/path
> vfs objects = acl_xattr recycle

what other behavior do you expect?
how would you remove "acl_xattr" from global for a share otherwise?

global: this is what has to be active everywhere until i say other
share: i now say other and i say it *fully*

any other behavior in the past by mixing half of [global] and add
[share] was as clear bug and undefined behavior