[Samba] samba4: Separation of DC from the File Server and Roaming Profiles

rawi only4com at web.de
Wed Mar 16 13:34:49 UTC 2016

Marc, thank you very much!

Yes, I saw many tutorials, but many are showing how to set a DC and also the
shares on it self; what it is not recommended.
Others are showing how to manage Users with Windows tools.

> If you set the attributes in the user objects, you can use ldbedit. To
> do it via GPO, you have to use the Windows tools. However it allows you
> to define it per domain or container, so you only have to do it once,
> until you need to change something.

Would exist an alternative to declare in an AD-DC once the logon or profiles
path and the home path in the smb.conf, pointing to another file server
like:

homes path = //MEMBER-SERVER.abc.local/homes ?

Best regards