[Samba] Intermittent Win7 trust issues

Dave Beach drbeach4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:08:19 UTC 2016

> With samba 4 <-> win7 (* or win8-10) trust issues.
> Then you have a few things to check

> Start with checking if your time is in sync.

Time is in sync.

> Check the windows even log, for errors, look them up.

There don't seem to be any errors in the security log (which I admit I find odd).

> If its a "bootcamp-ed" windows 7 install ( aka on a imac ), boot in apple, update bootcamp.

It's not.

> Last, if you used an imaged windows 7, did you forgot to sysprep maybe?

It's not an imaged install.

The very strange thing is that sometimes the trust issue doesn't manifest itself, and I can log on, run the netlogon script, etc. Then, at what seems to be unpredictable intervals, the trust issue will surface and I won't be able to log on.